The Rotary Club of Snoqualmie Valley
This Policy describes our practices for collecting, using, protecting, disclosing, and disposing of personal data. It also describes the types of data that we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you:
- Visit our website, https://snoqualmievalleyrotary.org (“Web Site”);
- Join or maintain membership in this Rotary Club;
- Interact with Rotary District 5030, Rotary International (“RI”), The Rotary Foundation (“RF”), and partner organizations;
- Register for, attend, or volunteer for events that we host;
- Use our services; or
- Participate in our programs.
Data We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of personal data, including information by which you could be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, gender, financial data, or other sensitive information that might identify you (“personal data”).
We collect data from the following entities:
- Users of our Web Site;
- Members of the Rotary Club and its Rotaract clubs;
- Members of Interact clubs, if the Interactors’ parents or legal guardians have consented;
- People who participate in Rotary Club programs including, but not limited to, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (if applicable, with the consent of parents or legal guardians), Challenge Day Race, Special Olympics, and Students Of The Quarter;
- Donors to the Rotary Club; and
- Individuals who participate in Rotary Club events including, but not limited to, those who attend, donate money or in-kind services, or who volunteer.
We collect this data:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us
- From RI or from Rotary District 5030, The Rotary Foundation, and partner organizations
Data You Provide to Us
We collect personal data you provide when you interact with our Web Site or with the Rotary Club, including any interaction offline or in person, such as when you:
- Contact this Rotary Club to make an inquiry, including but not limited to inquiries about membership, services, awards or grants given, general involvement in the community, or club finances;
- Join this Rotary Club or any associated Rotaract or Interact club;
- Register on DacDB;
- Use services on our Web Site,
- Donating to the Rotary Club
- Registering for club sponsored fundraising events, such as SipFest and our annual Golf Tournament; or
- Provide personal data on paper forms including, but not limited to membership applications, grant applications, or student scholarships.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies, and Other Technologies
As you interact with our Web Site, we may automatically collect data about your equipment and your browsing actions and patterns, including cookies.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the personal data about you that we collect or that you provide to the Rotary Club to fulfill the Rotary Club’s obligations to its members, program participants, and other individuals and entities. These obligations include, but are not limited to:
- Processing financial transactions;
- Supporting the Rotary Club, including fundraising efforts
- Facilitating event planning;
- Communicating key organizational messages through Rotary Club publications and other materials;
- Supporting the programs and members of the Rotary Club; and
- Complying with legal requirements.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose aggregated data about the Rotary Club’s users, or data that cannot be used to identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose the personal data that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy to:
- Rotary District 5030, to meet program requirements and other obligations
- Organizations and businesses that co-host Rotary Club events and fundraisers
We may also disclose your personal data:
- To comply with a court order, law, or legal process, or respond to a government or regulatory request; or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of members, participants in this Rotary Club’s programs and events, this Rotary Club, Rotary District 5030, RI, or others.
We will not sell your personal data to any external organizations.
Disposing of Your Personal Data
This Rotary Club retains personal data identifying you for as long as necessary in the circumstances — for instance, as long you are a member of a club or have a relationship with the Rotary Club, or as may be needed to enforce or defend contract claims or as is required by applicable law. The Rotary Club retains personal data for persons who have registered for Rotary Club events and fundraisers.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Data
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You may request access to your personal data, or ask for a correction or deletion, by:
- Going to the Rotary Club’s “Contact Us” page at: https://snoqualmievalleyrotary.org
We may not accommodate a request to change or delete data if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the data to be incorrect.
Our Web Site is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal data from or about children without parental consent. Children should not use or provide any personal data on our Web Site, or on or through any of its features, register on our Web Site, make any purchases through our Web Site, or use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Web Site. If you believe we might have any unauthorized personal data from or about a child, please contact us at https://snoqualmievalleyrotary.org/contact-us/.
The Rotary Club processes all financial transactions for club sponsored events through the following organizations:
Both of these companies conduct financial processing in accordance with all relevant security industry standards.
The Rotary Club may change, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time. These modifications shall take effect immediately on being posted on this page. The date the Policy was last revised is noted at the bottom of the page. It is your responsibility to review this Policy for any changes.
If you have any questions about our Rotary Club’s privacy protection practices, please contact us at https://snoqualmievalleyrotary.org/contact-us/.
|2020-04-06||Final revisions after review by Technology Committee.|
|2020-03-27||Revision in response to feedback from Kelly Burdette.|
|2020-03-08||Original draft prepared by David S. Moore|