Feed those kids with “Helping Hands” Backpack Program
Snoqualmie Valley School District is home to over 7,000 students. Many of those students rely on meals provided at school. Since schools closure, Snoqualmie Valley School District (SVSD) is doing a remarkable job providing a food service for those kids, and expanding the program to respond to the growing need, as more and more families become financially distressed.
While SVSD provides meals during weekdays, the Helping Hands Ministry started a backpack program to provide meals to kids over the weekends. Over the last few weeks, the demand for their services had quadrupled.
Members of the Rotary Club of Snoqualmie Valley joined forces to collect food items and deliver them for distribution. You can help too! Read below for details.
List of items needed
- Peanut Butter / Jelly (in plastic jars only)
- Crackers (Ritz, Saltines, Graham, etc)
- Mac-N-Cheese / Cup of Noodles / Top Ramen
- Instant Oatmeal Packets
- Hot Chocolate Packets
- Granola Bars / Protein Bars
- Microwave Popcorn
- Individually Packaged Snacks and Crackers
- Fruit Snacks / Fruit Leather
- Canned Fruit
- Soup (Chicken Noodle or other kid-friendly soups)
- Chili / Ravioli / Spaghettio’s
- Individual Juice drinks
To coordinate donation delivery, please contact Helping Hands at firstname.lastname@example.org or call / text 425-888-0096
You can make donations to Helping Hands directly here.